A sustainable City of Ottawa pedestrian infrastructure and community culture that encourages walking as a healthy, safe and accessible means of exercise, enjoyment and transportation.
Our mission is to provide a voice for pedestrian safety and walkable communities for the City of Ottawa through policy advocacy and community empowerment.
- Advocacy to and collaboration with the public, media, community and business associations, other advocacy groups having common interests, government and regulatory bodies.
- Input to and review of city and government studies, plans, programs, laws and regulations
- Identification of potential community improvement projects and initiatives
- Input via non funded volunteers
- Promotion of pedestrian priorities, rights and responsibilities
- Work and initiatives to remove barriers
- Seeking, generating and promoting ideas and innovations Objectives and Principles:
- Leading pedestrian master plans
- Adequate funding and timely expenditures
- Timely promotion of education, awareness and enforcement programs
- On-time development, maintenance and services
- Valued standards, policies and design concepts
- Inviting and livable communities with increased social interaction
- Walkability and accessibility is a cornerstone
- Evolutionary with changing environments